[Rasch] Citation

Mike Linacre (RMT) rmt at rasch.org
Fri Feb 27 08:03:12 EST 2009

Anthony:

"Whatever exists at all exists in some amount. To know it thoroughly
involves knowing its quantity as well as its quality."
Edward L. Thorndike. (1918). The nature, purposes, and general methods of
measurements of educational products. Chapter II in G.M. Whipple (Ed.), The
Seventeenth yearbook of the National Society for Study of Education. Part
II. The Measurement of Educational Products. Bloomington, IL: Public School
Publishing Co. p. 16.

Also see www.rasch.org/rmt/rmt141k.htm

Mike L.

At 2/26/2009, you wrote:
>I'd be thankful if someone gave me the exact bibliographical reference for
>the following quotation from Thorndike with the page number.
>  Whatever exists at all exist in some amount. To know it thoroughly
> involves knowing its quantity. (E. L. Thorndike, p.)

Mike Linacre
Editor, Rasch Measurement Transactions
rmt at rasch.org www.rasch.org/rmt/ Latest RMT:  22:3 Winter 2008