[Rasch] Test Translation & DIF

Anthony James luckyantonio2003 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 16 06:21:45 EST 2009

Dear all,
I want to study DIF in the context of test translation. That is, whether items exhibits different levels of difficulty in the original version and the translated version of a test. How should one go about doing this in Winsteps?
Two different linguistic groups have taken the original version of a test and its translation.
Do I need some bilingual test-takers to take both versions to establish a link to run DIF?
What else can be done, within classical test theory and Rasch measurement, to investigate translation equivalence and the validity of the translated version of a test?
Cheers
Anthony