[Rasch] 4 vs 1 dimension

Juanito Talili talilij at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 22 16:10:39 EST 2009

The 50-item instrument has 4 subscales where each subscale has 2 to 15 items quantified using 4-point ordinal scale coded 1=strongly disagree to 4=strongly agree.  Though I know that the instrument has 4 dimensions, I've tried to test the unidimensionality of the overall 50 items.  Using Winsteps, the % of variance explained is somewhat acceptable (>75%) for a unidimensional assumption.  Am I wrong if I do Rasch analysis for the entire instrument rather than Rasch analysis for each domain?

      New Email addresses available on Yahoo!
Hurry before someone else does!
http://mail.promotions.yahoo.com/newdomains/ph/