[Rasch] Journal of applied measurement

Deidra Young D.Young at curtin.edu.au
Thu Jan 29 23:45:20 EST 2009

Just to reflect on this request.  The Journal of Applied Measurement is a useful journal which is almost totally inaccessible electronically.  If anyone else has had a problem with accessing this journal, perhaps they could voice their concern at this forum.  If we could download articles in pdf format, the articles would be more readily available, especially to those in developing countries.  Here in Australia I could not access this journal via the university library or via any of the usual subscriptions.  I had to plead with Everett to send me photocopies of the articles I was after.  This journal has the potential to have great influence, but if no-one can read the articles easily, then it seems to me to have a limited readership.

I am interested in the promotion and distribution of Rasch articles but have decided to publish in the medical journals which are easy to access around the world.  Perhaps others may have a comment to make about access to this journal?  We can't subscribe to all journals and university access is a much better way to search for articles and download them (for research and teaching purposes).

Kind regards,

Deidra

Deidra Young, PhD
Senior Research Officer