[Rasch] Journal of applied measurement

Ian Wilson I.Wilson at uws.edu.au
Fri Jan 30 08:14:57 EST 2009

This has been an interesting series of posts.  I am involved with
another journal (from medical education) which has a small (150)
subscription.  We have taken two steps to try and improve availability.

An Australian university runs a database of articles which is fully
searchable by journal or topic.  WE have to provide the articles in pdf
format, but they charge for the download and pay us a royalty.  The
second is to request all our members to cite at least one article from
the journal whenever we submit a paper for publication.  This will
increase the number of citations and lead (in the long term) to
libraries taking a subscription.

I should say however that most universities are moving to online
journals.  Because we have a multi-campus university we have the
majority of our journals available electronically and I cannot remember
the last time I had to visit the physical library.

Regards

Ian

========================

Ian Wilson