[Rasch] Quadrature points and posterior weights

Mike Linacre (RMT) rmt at rasch.org
Wed May 27 09:30:27 EST 2009

Greg:

My understanding is that the Quadrature Points & Posterior Weights
summarize the posterior sample distribution for the purpose of item
estimation. You could cross-plot them to see the shape of the sample
distribution.

Mike L.

At 5/26/2009, you wrote:
>It is not Rasch but it is something I have wondered about in the
>past.  Can someone explain what information is gleaned from the Quadrature
>Points & Posterior Weights reported by Bilog?  What are these and how is
>this information used?

Mike Linacre
Editor, Rasch Measurement Transactions
rmt at rasch.org www.rasch.org/rmt/ Latest RMT:  22:4 Spring 2009