[Rasch] DIF studies for polytomous items

Kenji Yamazaki yk0271 at yahoo.co.jp
Fri Apr 9 01:49:44 EST 2010

Dear Colleagues,

  I was wondering if anybody can point me to the information sources regarding differential item functioning studies for polytomous items.  Particularly, I would like to find the studies that utilized actual data rather than simulated ones.  What I am hoping to learn from these studies is the
 procedure for conducting a DIF study for polychromous items.  Particularly, I have a hard time understanding the analysis steps after I calibrate item difficulties and category threshold parameters separately for focal and reference groups.  Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

  Sincerely,

  Kenji Yamazaki