[Rasch] Fwd: [DIVISION] Senior Assessment Development Associate - Urban Education Institute

Michael Lamport Commons commons at tiac.net
Thu Dec 2 13:43:18 EST 2010

My Best,

Michael Lamport Commons, Ph.D.
Assistant Clinical Professor

Department of Psychiatry
Harvard Medical School
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
234 Huron Avenue
Cambridge, MA 02138-1328

Telephone (617) 497-5270
Facsimile (617) 491-5270
Cellular	(617) 320–0896
Commons at tiac.net
http://dareassociation.org/

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	[DIVISION] Senior Assessment Development Associate - Urban
Education Institute
Date: 	Wed, 1 Dec 2010 21:21:32 -0500
From: 	Adam Winsler <awinsler at gmu.edu>
To: 	DIV7 at LISTS.APA.ORG

> There is a job opening for a Senior Assessment Development Associate
> at the Urban Education Institute at the University of Chicago.
>
> *Senior Assessment Development Associate in Chicago, Illinois
> <http://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF8&ll=41.781280,-87.603401&z=13>*
>
> *Salary:*Open
> *Type:*Full Time - Experienced
>
> The Senior Assessment Development Associate at the Urban Education
> Institute (UEI) of the University of Chicago will take a lead role in
> designing and pilot testing preschool literacy assessment materials
> that will be used to enhance teachers' classroom instruction. The
> Associate will assist in the design and development of materials that
> will enhance the use of assessment results and strengthen the
> instruction-assessment link. The Associate will oversee the literacy
> training and implementation efforts, as well as lead the research
> efforts, and will be responsible for communicating interim and final
> results to relevant audiences.
>
> The Urban Education Institute is a unique effort by the University of
> Chicago to align research and practice to create new knowledge and
> educational models to address one of the nation's most significant and
> enduring questions: how do we produce reliably excellent schooling for
> children growing up in urban America?
>
> *Requirements:*
> Master's degree or higher in reading and language or in cognitive,
> developmental, or educational psychology required. Doctorate (Ed.D. or
> Ph.D.) in primary or secondary education or in cognitive,
> developmental, or educational psychology preferred . At least five
> years of relevant experience required. At least four years teaching
> experience and/or training teachers at the preschool or early
> elementary school level or the equivalent combination of education and
> experience is required.
>
> *To apply: * Please apply online at the University's website:
> http://jobopportunities.uchicago.edu
> <http://jobopportunities.uchicago.edu/>, and search for posting #086022.
>
> __________________
> Kristi Schonwald
> Director, Operations
> Language Development Project
> University of Chicago
> 5848 S. University Ave.
> Chicago, IL60637
> 773 834-7573 (phone)
> 773 834-5261 (fax)

• Posted by Adam Winsler, listserv administrator for APA - Division 7
Developmental Psychology.

• To add yourself to the Div7 listserv, email awinsler at gmu.edu
<mailto:awinsler at gmu.edu> with this request and please describe your
relevant position briefly in the email (the list is “closed” to avoid
spammers getting on the list).

• To remove yourself from this list, simply send the following message
tolistserv at lists.apa.org<mailto:listserv at lists.apa.org>in the body of
the message (with nothing in the subject field):signoff div7

• To post something (of relevance to developmental psychologists and
members of Division 7) to this list, send the message to
div7 at lists.apa.org<mailto:div7 at lists.apa.org>

• Problems or questions should be addressed to
awinsler at gmu.edu<mailto:awinsler at gmu.edu>