[Rasch] item position effect

Bayram Yilmaz bayramyilmaz at gmail.com
Fri Dec 10 02:52:13 EST 2010

Hi everybody,

I need info about item position effect in large scale assessments. We are
planning to create hundreds of different test booklets consisted of same 100
mathematics questions. Testing authority already made the final decision;
they want to create booklets by swapping the items (and options within each
item). Thousands of students will take the test. Theoritacally every student
will receive a "different booklet including same 100 items". What are the
guidelines that they need to follow? Are there sufficient amount of research
on the issue? Can you help me find good resources on that?

Thanks,
Bayram