[Rasch] complex sampling Rasch

Agustin Tristan ici_kalt at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 16 01:57:45 EST 2010

Hello! Thank your for the explanation concerng the sample design and the Rasch item's parameters, it is useful because we are also interested to use some ideas from the PISA project . In addition to Randy's question, I wonder if some of the following aspects are considered as important for the item and test calibration for the PISA project:
a) Could it be convenient to get the item calibration for each sub-sample  (schools) and after that to combine the calibrations using the weight for each sample unit to obtain a "general" item calibration?
b) As the Rasch model is sample free (or without a practical implication as Ray did explain), can we use the item calibration of the anchor items independently of the position of the items  in the test?
Regards
Agustin Tristan