[Rasch] complex sampling Rasch

Agustin Tristan ici_kalt at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 17 03:18:19 EST 2010

Hello Ray, you wrote:

"To control for this our test design, which has multiple test booklets, makes sure that each item is located once in each of four locations: first 30-minute cluster, second 30-minute cluster, third 30-minute cluster and fourth 30-minute cluster."

Does the position of the anchor item in each cluster matters? i.e. The first anchor item may occupy positions 13 (cluster1), 4 (cluster2), 8 (cluster3), 21 (cluster4) or is it needed that it occupies position 13 in the four clusters?
It is clear that the position must be inside its own tesltlet, but as items must be independent I think they may be interchaged in position inside the testlet.
I hope position will not be important on the item calibration, but please let me know.

Thank you.

Agustin Tristan