[Rasch] Application of IRT

ranganaths ranganath.s at excelindia.com
Fri Feb 19 01:18:41 EST 2010

Hello,

            After being worked sometime on IRT, I still have my fingers
crossed about its application. I have seen a couple of applications for IRT
based CAT tests. Please mention any other application areas of IRT and its
use in real world scenario.

The following are the targets I have found useful for IRT based CAT

1.	Test administration for Job seekers in software companies where
ability is the only criteria for selection and domain related knowledge are
assumed to be imparted after selection.
2.	In preparation for tests like GRE and GMAT since they run on CAT

If anyone else knows any application of IRT please let me know.

Regards,

Ranganath S