[Rasch] complex sampling Rasch -- item position matters?

Agustin Tristan ici_kalt at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 23 08:09:55 EST 2010

Thank you Ray, I couldn't find the specification concerning the position of the clusters in the PISA design in the technical report. I shall appreciate if you can give me a more precise hint to find it in the document.
But what I've seen is that clusters are intact, but I would like to know if the positions on the booklet  of the cluster and the item are important.
Is it possible that every item of the cluster appears in different pages on each booklet?
i.e. The first anchor item may occupy page 13 (cluster1), page 4 (cluster2), page 8 (cluster3), page 21 (cluster4) or is it needed that it is in the same page in the four clusters?
It is clear that all the items of the cluster are intact and then will follow the page number according to position of the first item.
If position matters all clusters reduce to the first one and I'm affraid CAT cannot be possible as we shall not be free to move the positions of the items in different tests.

Thank you for your answer.
Agustin Tristan