[Rasch] Rasch Difficulty Error

Joyce borealis_corona at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 2 18:48:19 EST 2010

Hi..

I would need some help with interpreting a Rasch result that I have obtained.

I have an understanding that the item difficulty errors of the is reflected in the person-item map, ie, if a question is given a item difficulty error of 0.77, it should be on the top of the person-item map. However, my rasch analysis has produced a different result. The most difficult question in the person-item is not having the highest difficulty error.

Is there an explanation for this or am I interpreting this wrongly?

Thanks,
Joyce