[Rasch] Rasch workshop Oct 8-9

esmith3 esmith2475_3 at wideopenwest.com
Sun Jul 18 14:16:03 EST 2010

Colleagues,

We are planning a 2-day Rasch workshop for October 8-9, 2010 in Maple
Grove, MN, USA.

Below is a brief description for the October workshop. I would appreciate
if you could pass this along to anyone that may be interested.

Thank you,
Everett

WORKSHOP DESCRIPTION

The purpose of this training session is to introduce participants to the
theory and applications of Rasch measurement. This session will provide
participants with the necessary tools to become effective consumers of
research employing Rasch measurement and the skills necessary to solve
practical measurement problems. Instructional material will be based on
four Rasch measurement models: dichotomous, rating scale, partial credit,
and many-facet data. Participants will have the opportunity to use current
Rasch software.

The format will consist of eight self-contained units. The units are:
Introduction to Rasch Measurement; Item and Person Calibration; Dichotomous
and Polytomous Data; Performance and Judged Data; Applications of Rasch
Measurement I and II; Examples of Rasch Analyses; and Analysis of
Participants Data. The material covered is these units are an overview of
material that would normally be covered in approximately two to three
graduate level measurement courses. The co-directors will divide the topics
in each session to maximize individual strengths.

Registration includes the full 2-day workshop, a continental breakfast each
morning, lunch each afternoon, over 550 pages of handouts and tutorial
material, a copy of Introduction to Rasch Measurement (698 pages), Rasch
Measurement: Advanced and Specialized Applications (470 pages),
Criterion-Reference Testing: Practice Analysis to Score Reporting using
Rasch Measurement Models (560 pages), and a one-year subscription to the
Journal of Applied Measurement. See www.jampress.org for more details on
these publications.

Audience: Anyone interested in learning about the practical aspects of
Rasch measurement. Previous training in measurement is recommended, but not
necessary.

For workshop details, including a registration form, please visit
<http://www.jampress.org>www.jampress.org under Rasch Measurement Workshops.

Contact Richard Smith at <mailto:rsmith at jampress.org>rsmith at jampress.org or
Everett Smith at <mailto:evsmith at uic.edu>evsmith at uic.edu if you have any
questions.

Everett Smith, Ph.D.
Associate Professor, Educational Psychology
University of Illinois at Chicago