[Rasch] psychometrics to measure dynamicity

Mike Linacre (RMT) rmt at rasch.org
Fri Jul 30 09:33:10 EST 2010

Thank you for your question, Parisa.

We can certainly measure "dynamicity". The underlying latent trait must
remain constant. At each new time-point, the person becomes a new "person"
with a new location on the latent trait. We need some of the same (or
almost the same) items across pairs of time points. Then we can construct a
data matrix looking like Figure 2 in http://www.rasch.org/rmt/rmt61e.htm

OK?

Mike L.

At 7/29/2010, you wrote:
>Dear List members,
>Hi
>
>I have a question and I hope to have your response. As far as I know,
>statistics and psychometric are set to measure static nature of the trait.
>Can we use statistics to measure dynamicity of the trait. For example, in
>Dynamic assessment, where tutor attempts to provide feedback (first
>implicitly then explicitly) according to learner's responsiveness, the
>trait is not static but dynamic. This means that similar outcome on post
>test is achieved through different procedures or hint.
>
>How is it possible to use psychometric to measure dynamicity?
>I appreciate your reply in advance.
>
>Best,
>Parisa Daftarifard

Mike Linacre