[Rasch] Effects of Prior Distribution on Estimates

ranganaths ranganath.s at excelindia.com
Mon Jun 14 16:23:52 EST 2010

Hello,

       I am aware of the basics of the IRT and I have Open source software
which can estimate test parameters using Marginal Maximum Likelihood
Estimates using EM algorithm. It uses certain prior distributions with
assumption about its parameter (say Mean and SD if prior is normal
distribution). With regard to the effect of the assumed prior distribution
on the final estimates, I could not find a topic which deals with this in
this forum. Can anyone please send me some docs/links which deals with this?
Thanks in advance.

Regards

Ranganath S