[Rasch] Setting up Winsteps to account for absent but valid scores

Mike Linacre (RMT) rmt at rasch.org
Thu Jun 24 10:48:35 EST 2010

Thank you for asking us about this Winsteps scoring problem, Camelia.

Unobserved scoring categories can usually be resolved by adding dummy data
records for estimation purposes, and then omitting them from the final
reports. But it seems that this has not been effective for this dataset.

I am contacting you off-list for more details of this analysis.

Mike Linacre
mike at winsteps.com