[Rasch] Rasch model affected by item type or not

Parisa Daftari Fard pdaftaryfard at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 11 14:19:50 EST 2010

Dear Rasch list members,
Hi

I came up with a question and I hope to have your reply. Does test configuration (the ordering of the item types and the adding or subtracting the item types) affect Rasch outcome in terms of the hierarchical order in item map?

Does Rasch approach the item generically or pragmatically? by Generic I mean that adding one item type (not the total number but the cognition related item type) would not affect the pattern of items because the statistics is doing something on the nature of the item.

I am not sure if I am clear?

Best,
Parisa