[Rasch] Rasch model affected by item type or not

iasonas liasonas at cytanet.com.cy
Fri Mar 12 05:37:32 EST 2010

i agree with Rense, but just a friendly word of caution.

If by item "type" you mean the format of the item i.e. multiple choice or
short response, then in many cases this may affect the results a little bit
because the item may tap on a slightly different dimension. I am trying to
say that what Rense suggests happens only the model-data fit is practically
satisfactory; otherwise, invariance does not hold

thank you

  _____