[Rasch] RSM & PCM

David Andrich david.andrich at uwa.edu.au
Fri Mar 12 23:22:56 EST 2010

Purya. I am surprised that you were able to find that article. First I regret calling that parameterization of the general polytomous, unidimensional Rasch model as a model - it is just a particular parameterization, just as is the partial credit and rating scale a parameterizations are that too.
Second, like all models and parameterizations, they may not be practical. However, the point of that paper was to summarize quickly whether or not, in explicit quantitative terms, there was any local dependence.

Finally, RUMM does have that parameterization as a particular option for analysis. I do not know about other programs.
Hope that helps.
David

David Andrich  BSc, MEd (UWA), PhD (Chic) FASSA
Chapple Professor
david.andrich at uwa.edu.au<mailto:david.andrich at uwa.edu.au>

Graduate School of Education
The University of Western Australia