[Rasch] PCA of Resisuals from MFRM analysis - practical tips?

Imogene Rothnie irothnie at usyd.edu.au
Wed Mar 17 19:05:37 EST 2010

Hello,

Does anyone have any practical tips for running a PCA of stdsd residuals
from a multi faceted rasch analysis? I'm trying to evaluate
unidimensionality and many readings and conversations have pointed to
running a PCA analysis of residuals from MFRM output, but in practical
terms I'm struggling with how to do this. There is output from FACETS
(Mike Linacre's software) that gives standardised residual for every
interaction of elements in facets, but how can I transform this into
something useful to run PCA in say SPSS?

Thanks

IMOGENE ROTHNIE | Lecturer (Assessment)
Office of Medical Education | Faculty of Medicine

THE UNIVERSITY OF SYDNEY
Rm 108, Edward Ford Bdg  A27 | The University of Sydney | NSW | 2006

T +61 2 9036 6434  | F +61 2 9036 7580   | M +61 418 381 359
E imogene.rothnie at sydney.edu.au <mailto:imogene.rothnie at sydney.edu.au>
| W http://ome.med.usyd.edu.au <http://sydney.edu.au>

CRICOS 00026A
This email plus any attachments to it are confidential. Any unauthorised
use is strictly prohibited. If you receive this email in error, please
delete it and any attachments.

Please think of our environment and only print this e-mail if necessary.