[Rasch] Value added models for teacher effectiveness

Twing, Jon jon.s.twing at pearson.com
Wed May 12 11:44:49 EST 2010

Matt:

My apologies-it seems that this paper documents trouble with the
"science" part of the VAM process as you articulated.  Nonetheless, I
still think the essence of the argument is in the construct.  Until we
understand what it is we are trying to measure when we ask what "value"
a teacher adds to the life of a student it will be hard to generate a
useful measure.

-Jon

__________________________
Jon S. Twing, Ph.D.