[Rasch] DK Rasch analysis

Tom Conner connert at msu.edu
Tue May 18 01:30:45 EST 2010

The almost unsolvable problem with such an investigation is the
interpretation of "don't know" response options.  The issues have been
debated multiple times in the literature and I do not see any
consensus.  What would the other response options be?  What would the
instructions be for filling out the survey?  What would be the placement
of "don't know" among the other response options?  How would you
distinguish not knowing from "admitting" to not knowing?

Tom