[Rasch] Empirical order & Theoretical order

Tom Conner connert at msu.edu
Mon Nov 1 01:27:30 EST 2010

Anthony,

I would do a couple of things.  I would do a critical analysis of the
theory behind the theoretical ordering and how well the items represent
that ordering.  Your theory may need revision.  Second, but probably
more important, I would interview test takers.  It is quite possible
that they understand the items differently than you, or see other
information that you did not see.  I would guess that some easier items
turn out to be more difficult than theoretically specified rather than
the reverse.

Tom