[Rasch] Empirical order & Theoretical order

Trevor Bond trevor.bond at jcu.edu.au
Thu Nov 4 10:44:40 EST 2010

Dear Parisa,
The topic sounds interesting. I believe that When we do not have an agreement
between Rach model and Theoretical model, there are three possibilities

1.  Rasch model requires revision
2.  Theory requires revision
3.  Items requires revision

One of the 1, 2, or 3 should be revised.

Best,
Parisa

At the moment, I am not willing to choose 1 - the Rasch model seems to be best
we have for our task of constructing and monitoring variables at this point.

Here's an example of Rasch meets Piaget, where revision to Piaget's theory AND
Inhelder's methodology are recommended:
Bond, T.G. & Bunting, E. (1995). Piaget and measurement III: Reassessing the
méthode clinique. Archives de Psychologie, 63, 231-255.
Best
TGB

Prof Trevor G BOND
Adjunct Professor