[Rasch] Empirical order & Theoretical order

Parisa Daftari Fard pdaftaryfard at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 4 11:36:41 EST 2010

Dear Tom,

People predictably write bad items,
often because they think writing items is easy.  But there are ways of
evaluating and revising items.

This could be an indicator, and I am not an statistician to judge about 1 but I am sure that

a.  Many cognitive items like those of reading and the like might not measure what the constructor claims (please read McNamara's book, 1996 when he reports some of the discrepancies)

b.  The relationship between skills or the cognition the items might measure as Dr. Agustin mentioned should be carefully redefined I believe

The question is that whether we are dealing with a static competence to expect a neat ordering in one performance or a dynamic competence as is explicated in Bond's article addressed below
> Bond, T.G. & Bunting, E. (1995). Piaget and measurement III: Reassessing the
> méthode clinique. Archives de Psychologie, 63, 231-255.

Best,
Parisa