[Rasch] Rasch equating doesn't adjust for changes in reliability?

Mike Linacre rmt at rasch.org
Sat Oct 9 20:17:09 EST 2010

Stuart L. writes:
"This resulted in the mean scale score declining by a small amount, but
since the distribution spread out more, more students reached the
proficiency level: an obvious contradiction (according to the testing
authorities)."

Now we know why US education is in such serious trouble! We don't need
better students. We don't need better teachers. We need better administrators!

Using 3-PL will homogenize the student distributions to be the same N(m,v)
every year. No administrator will be fired for poor performance! But in
real terms (TIMSS, etc.) the USA will continue to sink down the
international rankings :-(

Mike L.

Mike Linacre
Editor, Rasch Measurement Transactions