[Rasch] Online methods courses at University of Illinois at Chicago

Ev Smith evsmith at uic.edu
Thu Oct 14 13:34:33 EST 2010

Colleagues,

The University of Illinois at Chicago will be offering 4 online classes as
part of our online M.Ed. in Measurement, Evaluation, Statistics, and
Assessment degree (see
<http://education.uic.edu/mesaonline-med/>http://education.uic.edu/mesaonline-med/)
and our online Educational Research Methodology certification program
(<http://education.uic.edu/erm/>http://education.uic.edu/erm/).

These courses are also offered to non-degree seeking students and
professionals seeking additional methodological training.

The four online courses for Spring 2011 are:
EPSY 505 Advanced Analysis of Variance and Multiple Regression
EPSY 512 Hierarchical Linear Models
EPSY 546 Educational Measurement
EPSY 561 Assessment for Measurement Professionals

Please see
<http://education.uic.edu/mesaonline-med/coursedescriptions.cfm>http://education.uic.edu//mesaonline-med/coursedescriptions.cfm
for course descriptions. Note that EPSY 505 and EPSY 546 require an
introductory statistics courses as a prerequisite.  EPSY 512 further
requires a full semester course in ANOVA or Regression as a prerequisite.

We would appreciate if you would pass along this information to U.S. and
international students, co-workers, and any other colleagues that may find
these courses useful.

If you have any questions regarding these courses, the application process,
the MED in MESA or ERM certificate please contact Everett Smith at
<mailto:evsmith at uic.edu>evsmith at uic.edu.

Everett Smith, Ph.D.
Associate Professor, Educational Psychology
Director, Measurement, Evaluation, Statistics, and Assessment Lab (
http://education.uic.edu/mesalab/)
Associate Editor, Journal of Applied Measurement ( http://www.jampress.org)
For the Ph.D. in MESA visit
http://education.uic.edu/epsy-phd/degreerequirements.cfm
For the M.Ed. in MESA visit http://education.uic.edu/mesa-med/
For the online M.Ed. in MESA visit http://education.uic.edu/mesaonline-med/
For the certificate in Educational Research Methodology visit
http://education.uic.edu/erm/
University of Illinois at Chicago
1040 West Harrison Street
M/C 147