[Rasch] A question on Vygotsky's ZPD and Rasch Measure

Parisa Daftari Fard pdaftaryfard at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 1 08:07:56 EST 2010

Dear Rense,

Hi

Due to some request offlist on more clarifying the question, I explain my situation a bit more here.

 I am working on Dynamic assessment which assumes that competence is dynamic and could emerge when a know how assist learner. This means that any activities done without help cannot reveal their real knowledge because people with similar pretest score have different potential (ZPD). to gain ZPD, we need give one test twice or thrice. the first time learner does the test unassisted and the second or third time we give him more hints (moving from being implicit to more explicit). Then some learners are responsive to help some dont. if they can understand the hint and solve the problem, they have potential to learn the knowledge or skill and their competence emerges but if they cannot they do not have potential level.

ZPD usually equals assisted help answer - unassisted help answer.
now the table indicates learners' ZPD on Five tasks.

Hope this time it is clear.

Best,
Parisa