[Rasch] Why isn't the person separation better?

Tom Bramley Bramley.T at cambridgeassessment.org.uk
Wed Sep 1 17:58:53 EST 2010

Dear Trudy,
Perhaps the problem is simply that there is not enough 'true' variance in your sample of participants.  What is the range and standard deviation of the raw scores (which I assume are on a scale of 0-64)?
Regards,
Tom.

Tom Bramley
Assistant Director, Research Division
Assessment Research & Development

Cambridge Assessment
1 Regent Street, Cambridge, CB2 1GG
Direct Dial: 01223 553985
www.cambridgeassessment.org.uk

Cambridge Assessment is the brand name of the University of Cambridge Local Examinations Syndicate, a department of the University of Cambridge. Cambridge Assessment is a not-for-profit organisation.