[Rasch] I have about 80 items on depression and anxiety for which I have about 100 participants.

Michael Lamport Commons commons at tiac.net
Mon Sep 20 14:33:05 EST 2010

  I have about 80 items on depression and anxiety for which I have about
100 participants.  I would like to choose a minimal set of items to test
for depression and possibly on a separate scale for anxiety.  I plan to
factor the results and then do a Rasch on each dimensions separately.
Is the way to choose the best items -- the ones that have the least
variability in difficulty.-- is to choose roughly equally spaced items
with low in-fit and outfit scores, or what?  We could get more participants

--
My Best,

Michael Lamport Commons, Ph.D.
Assistant Clinical Professor