[Rasch] Modeling content delivered

Mike Linacre rmt at rasch.org
Sat Sep 25 23:06:20 EST 2010

Jacob:

You describe an exciting situation. A couple of questions:

1. Could the math items be spiralled so that different students respond to
different items on different days?

2. Is there an intervention during the administration (such as math teaching)?

Let's assume the items are spiralled in some way, and there is an
intervention which operates uniformly across the students, then we could
estimate this Rasch model:

(baseline ability of person n) + (learning effect up to day d) -
(difficulty of item i) -> observation

This parallels studies of changes in rater leniency across rating sessions.

Mike Linacre
mike at winsteps.com