[Rasch] Item and Person Measures in survey questionnaire

Juanito Talili talilij at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 18 17:32:50 EST 2011

Dear co-members,

In a right/wrong response format, usually achievement test, the item measures represent the item difficulty while the person measures represent the person ability.

What would be the interpretation of the item and person measures for a case of a survey questionnaire that uses a four-point ordinal scale response format ( strongly disagree to strongly agree). I undertand that the measures are called logits (am I correct?) but I dont know how the item and person measures are interpreted.

Thank you in advance.