[Rasch] Estimating Rasch Measures for Extreme Scores

Luis Carlos Orozco lcorovar at gmail.com
Sat Apr 30 10:17:34 EST 2011

Maybe this from winsteps  be of some "help".

There is no "correct" answer to the question: "How large should
ExtremeScoreAdjustment= be?" The most conservative value, and that
recommended by Joseph Berkson, is 0.5. Some work by John Tukey indicates
that 0.167 is a reasonable value. The smaller you set EXTRSC=, the further
away measures corresponding to extreme scores will be located from the other
measures. The technique used here is Strategy 1 in
www.rasch.org/rmt/rmt122h.htm.

Another thing to say is that your measure obtained from (4x3) is not good
enough to measure some people.

Luis C. Orozco V.

MD MSc Epidemiologia

EScuela de Enfermería