[Rasch] Fw: Interval or nominal

Parisa Daftari Fard pdaftaryfard at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 16 09:30:54 EST 2011

Dear Rasch members

I guess I am a bit confusing. Let me explain the situation more. In all research on Speech act, several examinees give answers to a questionnaire. Their replies are rated on a scale (for example from zero to 3). This means that the responses are rated because always 3 means the response is better. In this research there is noexaminees but a questionnaire. These raters are to say their idea about the appropriacy of the response to that situation. This makes the questionnaire look like a multiple choice.

If I run Facet on such a data, I will have an item measure table in which some of the items are reported as very difficult (misfit) not because the raters do not agree on their rating but because the answer to that item was 1 (very unsatisfactory). I guess this is not real misfit but the function of rating score. That is if the option "very unsatisfactory" was coded as 5, the item might not be reported as a difficult item.

I hope this time I am able to explain the situation. Because this is a PhD dissertation of my friend, I hope to have your help and comments that if we are correct to use facet for such a rating situation or not.

I appreciate your kind help in advance.
Best,
Parisa
Dear Rasch Members,