[Rasch] KDD-Cup 2011 Competition

Mike Linacre rmt at rasch.org
Wed Feb 2 18:22:28 EST 2011

Colleagues:

Yahoo! Music is sponsoring an online competition to predict ratings of
music. Their training dataset contains over 260,000,000 ratings and over
625,000 items. The competition runs from March 15, 2011 to June 30, 2011,
with registration opening on March 1, 2011. www.kdd.org/kdd2011/kddcup.shtml

Please email me if you would you like to join a Rasch team to compete this
year. There is no money. Requirements include: great ideas, self-direction,
available time, familiarity with "Facets"-style Rasch analysis, high-end PC
with fast internet connection, skill in manipulating large datasets and in
simple computer programming. Time will be short, so team members will work
in parallel, sharing datasets and findings. Our purpose is to advance Rasch
techniques, in a similar way as did the Netflix Challenge:
www.rasch.org/rmt/rmt233d.htm

Mike Linacre
rmt at rasch.org