[Rasch] Invitation to beta test the Rehabilitation Outcomes Database

Allen Heinemann a-heinemann at northwestern.edu
Wed Feb 16 08:26:56 EST 2011

Dear colleague,

I would like to extend an exciting invitation to you.  The Center for
Rehabilitation Outcomes Research at the Rehabilitation Institute of
Chicago is developing a new web-based, searchable database of assessment
instruments, and we'd like you to test an early version of this website.

The Rehabilitation Measures Database (www.rehabmeasures.org) is
specifically designed to help clinicians select appropriate instruments
for screening, monitoring patient progress, and assessing outcomes in
rehabilitation. Here are some of the key features:

*         This database allows clinicians and researchers to search for
instruments using various drop-down boxes (area of assessment,
diagnosis, length of test and cost) that will identify the key features
of an instrument they wish to utilize.

*         The search function returns relevant results and provides the
user with the ability to refine the search.

*         The instruments listed in the database are briefly described
with specific details regarding their reliability, validity, mode of
administration, cost and equipment required.

*         Additionally, information to support the user in interpreting
the results, such as minimal detectable change scores, cut-offs and
normative values are included.

*         We provide a sample copy of the instrument (PDF) in the
database when we are legally able to do so.

Currently, there are over 50 instruments in the database that could be
used to assess individuals with stroke.  We plan to expand this database
substantially to include many other diagnoses over the next few years.

You are invited to beta test the Rehabilitation Measures Database. If
you agree to review our website, please visit the database at
www.rehabmeasures.org.  During your review, perform searches that are
relevant to you, including searches using the drop-down box, word search
and refine search features.  Also, please take time to review 4 - 6
instrument summaries and the PDF of the instrument (if available).
Please note during your review that the instruments currently in the
database have only been extensively reviewed for individuals with
stroke.  Further, these summaries are not meant to be comprehensive
reviews of the entire body of research on the instrument, but rather a
sampling that reflects the instrument's utility and feasibility.

Once you are done reviewing the website, please complete the survey
located at:  http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/72SCW5K.  Please submit your
review by February 28, 2011.

Your participation in database testing is voluntary.  The results of
this survey may be published or presented, but you will not be
identified in any way. If you decide to stop participation at any time
you may do so without penalty.

Allen W. Heinemann, PhD, ABPP (RP), FACRM

Professor, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation

  Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University

Director, Center for Rehabilitation Outcomes Research

  Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago

345 East Superior Street

Chicago, IL  60611-2654 USA

+1.312.238.2802 (v) +1.312.238.4572(f)

a-heinemann at northwestern.edu <mailto:a-heinemann at northwestern.edu>

Confidentiality Notice: This message and any attachments are only for the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential, privileged and/or protected health information.  If you are not the intended recipient of this message, please: 1) be advised that unauthorized review, use, copying, disclosure, or distribution is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful; 2) notify the sender of the delivery by reply e-mail or contact RIC's Privacy Officer at 312.238.0766 or privacyofficer at ric.org; and 3) delete and destroy all copies of the message and its attachments. Thank you.