[Rasch] Pass/fail decisions

Heene, Moritz (moritz.heene@uni-graz.at) moritz.heene at uni-graz.at
Sat Jan 8 19:33:00 EST 2011

>From http://www.schonemann.de//publications.htm

Austria
Phone: ++43-316-380 8476
Fax: ++43-316-380 9811
From: rasch-bounces at acer.edu.au [rasch-bounces at acer.edu.au] On Behalf Of Anthony James [luckyantonio2003 at yahoo.com]
Sent: Saturday, January 08, 2011 9:27 AM
To: rasch at acer.edu.au
Subject: [Rasch] Pass/fail decisions

Dear all,

Is there a term is the testing literature to refer to the stability, accuracy or consistency of pass/fail decisions in high-stakes tests when we compare candidates scores with a cut-score?

I mean questions such "Does Person X, who has scored above the cut-score r, eally deserve the job, academic program etc.?" or " Haven't we unfairly deprived Person Y who has scored below the cut-point?"

I have come up with some terms such as 'false positives', 'false negatives' and 'decision validity'.

Is there a more precise term?

Cheers
Anthony