[Rasch] Rasch Digest, Vol 66, Issue 14

Smith, Andrew Andrew.Smith at ACARA.EDU.AU
Tue Jan 25 12:55:15 EST 2011

Friends:

I would like to establish that Rasch analysis is a legally-recognized
methodology. Please email me details of any lawsuits or court cases in
which Rasch analysis has been a factor.

Mike L.

On a similar matter, I have sometimes wondered if Rasch analysis could be used to estimate the 'leniency' and 'harshness' of judges, as it seems to be anecdotal knowledge in the legal fraternity that some judges are more lenient than others, but I guess you'd need judges to try common (legal) cases.

Andrew Smith