[Rasch] Best-Worst Average or Rasch?

Andrew Kyngdon AKyngdon at lexile.com
Wed Jul 27 10:09:25 EST 2011

Funny that Best/Worst (MaxDiff) scaling is raised here... I presented a paper on decision theory to Jordan Louviere at the Centre for the Study of Choice the week before last...

The BW data is analysed by a version of the BTL model, so I doubt that the Rasch model would provide any more "elegant scaling" than is afforded by the BTL.

Read this: http://www.censoc.uts.edu.au/news/AERE_Louviere_Flynn.pdf

Tony Marley and Jordan Louviere have written two papers in the JMP which show that a variant of Best/Worst can provide putative "ratio scale" measures of utility for goods and services.

Cheers,

Andrew

Andrew Kyngdon, PhD
MetaMetrics, Inc.