[Rasch] Basic MFRM question

Imogene Rothnie irothnie at usyd.edu.au
Thu Jul 28 14:38:25 EST 2011

Hi all,

I've been using FACETS to analyse rater, student and station facets in
an OSCE.

Raters are nested within station (mostly, except for emergency swaps)
and I have a subset warning.

I fixed the subset problem by using the FACETS subset group anchor file
for rater and rerunning the analysis with this output in the rater
labels in the control file. (on the assumption that raters vary randomly
from the mean, now group anchored to 0).

Problem is, I don't really understand what I have done! And how can I
check this new result for validity and fit to the Rasch model?

Thanks

IMOGENE ROTHNIE | Lecturer (Assessment)
Office of Medical Education | Faculty of Medicine

THE UNIVERSITY OF SYDNEY
Rm 108, Edward Ford Bdg  A27 | The University of Sydney | NSW | 2006

T +61 2 9036 6434  | F +61 2 9036 7580   | M +61 418 381 359
E imogene.rothnie at sydney.edu.au <mailto:imogene.rothnie at sydney.edu.au>
| W http://ome.med.usyd.edu.au <http://sydney.edu.au>

CRICOS 00026A
This email plus any attachments to it are confidential. Any unauthorised
use is strictly prohibited. If you receive this email in error, please
delete it and any attachments.

Please think of our environment and only print this e-mail if necessary.