[Rasch] Odds ratio as a scale

Anthony James luckyantonio2003 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 8 21:51:36 EST 2011

Dear all,
>From some previous correspondence with the list members I found out that the Rasch model is based on odd ratio and Georg Rasch built his model on this basis.
We should axiomatically accept that the probability of success divided by the probability of failure is a ratio scale measure. Then, there's the logistic version of the model, which is preferred by most users, to convert the ratio scale to an interval scale.

May I possibly have some explanations on why odds ratio is a ratio scale measure?

Cheers
Anthony