[Rasch] Validity in Rasch

Jim Sick jimsick at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 12:00:56 EST 2011

Juanito,

I've written a short online article dealing with the "assumptions" of
the Rasch model, in which I recommend that we avoid thinking of them as
"assumptions which need to be tested a priori," as is the case for
statistical tests like ANOVA. It is often better to think of Rasch
assumptions as "requirements" of sound measurement. A primary goal of a
Rasch analysis is to determine to what degree the requirements (or
assumptions) have been approximated. Read my article here, if you like.
It may not answer your questions directly, but will give you a better
overview.

http://jalt.org/test/sic_5.htm

Best
Jim Sick