[Rasch] Scoring in Rasch Analysis

Mike Linacre rmt at rasch.org
Mon Mar 28 20:48:12 EST 2011

Juanito:

Winsteps performs Rasch analysis (including the dichotomous Rasch model
=1-PL IRT model).

Winsteps also reports estimates of 2-PL item discrimination, 3-PL item
lower asymptote (guessing) and 4-PL item upper asymptote (carelessness),
but does not use those estimates to adjust the person measures (thetas).

Mike L.

At 3/28/2011, you wrote:
>Thank you for your responses, Mike, Trevor and Andrew.
>
>Mike, I will look at the following terms in the help of
>Winsteps:  UIMEAN=, USCALE=, and UDECIM=0.
>
>By the way, some of my colleagues are asking if Winsteps can do also two
>and three parameters IRT.  Is winsteps intended only for one parameter IRT
>(Rasch Model)?
>
>Thank you.

Mike Linacre
Editor, Rasch Measurement Transactions