[Rasch] Estimating Rasch Measures for Extreme Scores

Steven L. Kramer skramer1958 at verizon.net
Sun May 1 03:30:31 EST 2011

A question for Rasch modelers with more experience than me:

Can one use a Facets approach with Teacher as a Facet, if teachers are
nested within schools?  I don't see how one would be able to judge the
relative severity of teachers from different schools, unless students also
moved around among schools so that common students could be used to compare
teacher severity.  Otherwise, I would expect any software attempting to use
teacher as a Facet to simply crash.  Is this correct?

If only one COULD use teacher-severity as a Facet with
teachers-nested-within-schools, then I would expect Patrick's suggestion to
help.   But I am afraid it won't help in this situation.  Again:  please
could a more experienced person tell me whether I am correct?

Steve Kramer