[Rasch] Why Rasch?

Mike Linacre rmt at rasch.org
Tue Nov 8 16:53:00 EST 2011

Thank you for that question, Anthony, but it is very broad ....

Folks, how about each of us responding with one reason why Rasch is used in
preference to other methodologies.

Let me go first ... with the very first reason that introduced me to Rasch
analysis: its ability to extract simple meaning from complicated messy data.

Mike L.

At 11/8/2011, you wrote:
>Reviewers of a journal have asked me to provide reasons why I have used
>Rasch model for validating a questionnaire and not other methods. Can you
>please tell me what should be written when one is asked such a question?

Mike Linacre
Editor, Rasch Measurement Transactions
rmt at rasch.org www.rasch.org/rmt/ Latest RMT: 25:2 Autumn 2011