[Rasch] Why Rasch?

Stephanou, Andrew Stephanou at acer.edu.au
Tue Nov 8 21:09:55 EST 2011

Here are a couple of reasons from me, Mike.

The first thing that attracted me to the Rasch model was the separability of the parameters, then their sample independence and then, what has become the most important reason, the ability to report results on qualitatively described scales or the identification of levels of the variable.

I would like to ask Anthony what was the reason he used the Rasch model in the first place because although it is possible to give reasons valid in all circumstances, one should focus on what is most relevant.

Andrew

Andrew Stephanou

ACER