[Rasch] Why Rasch?

Trudy Mallinson trudy.mallinson at usc.edu
Wed Nov 9 05:18:06 EST 2011

Hi All,

I use Rasch for it's clinical applicability - hieararchical ordering  - particularly as it is operationalized in Winsteps Table 2.2 provides an easily understood and clinical useful definition of functional recovery (or other rehab concerns). It also describes and handles what is otherwise "noise" in observed performance data by dealing with and describing rater severity. Last but not least, I think the literature shows repeatedly that measures constructed to fit the Rasch model provide increased precision in measurement.

Kind regards,
Trudy