[Rasch] FW: IOMW 2012 Vancouver April 11 & 12 2012 Abstract submission

Peter MacMillan peterm at unbc.ca
Thu Nov 10 17:32:14 EST 2011

Hello All,
We are pleased to announce a call for submission of abstracts for conference presentations at the International Objective Measurement Workshop in Vancouver British Columbia, Canada on April 11 and 12, 2012. The abstract submission must be done by clicking on the link below. The deadline for submission is December 23, 2011. Other information related to submission is found at the link so will not be repeated here. However there are some interesting or novel features this year including an opportunity to present at or attend a session in French, a graduate student travel award for best paper, and more! You will of course see all the usual features present at past IOMW conferences. Should you feel that something has been missed or you wish to propose something new, please contact us as soon as possible and we will consider your suggestion.
We were unable to find a university venue as the time of the conference conflicts with university examination schedules, however we have booked  a wonderful space, the Library Square. You may look over the building at http://www.vpl.ca/rooms  We think you'll like it and you'll be in downtown Vancouver.  And we don't think you'll find the difference in fees noticeable. We  have some university funding and some corporate funding has been promised; we are open to other donations. We will be contacting these pledged organizations shortly after our website is up - in the near future. We are in the process of developing a list of accommodation ideally suited for IOMW / AERA attendees. We think that you will find IOMW 2012 an interesting and enjoyable conference. On behalf of Lois, Stefanie, and myself, we hope to see you there.
We are posting to the Rasch mailing list. We would welcome anyone forward this to other lists or adding links to relevant websites. Thank you.
Cheers,
Peter

Peter D. MacMillan, PhD, Associate Professor
Chair, School of Education
Cross Appointment: School of Health Sciences
University of Northern British Columbia
TAL 10-4026, 3333 University Way
Prince George BC V2N 4Z9 CANADA
TEL 250.960.5828 FAX 250.960.5536

http://pg-uni-ctlt-02.unbc.ca/index.php?sid=31136&lang=en

Lois Lochhead, PhD(c)
Research Associate
Northern and Rural Practice Research Program
University of Northern British Columbia
10-1586
3333 University Way
Prince George, BC